Midwest Astro-Imaging Conference (MWAIC) Videos
If you are interested in mastering astrophotography, these live presentations recorded during the Midwest Astro-Imaging Conference (MWAIC) are a must see.
Here is the entire MWAIC 2010 Keynote: Dave Jurasevich, Mount Wilson Observatory:
Here are some short samples from the 2008 videos:
A limited number of copies are still available for purchase.
Typically ships in 2-3 days; allow more time for shipping outside of the US.
The complete list of available videos are listed below.
- R Jay GaBany‘s An Eye Candy Recipe
- Bob Pilz‘s Lunar Imaging
- Jim Burnell‘s Autoguiding
- Warren Keller‘s Photoshop Foundations
- Craig Stark's Choosing a Camera for Astrophotography: Sorting Good Pixels from Bad
Craig discusses and compares CCD and DSLR cameras for astrophotoraphy
- Alan Friedman's Catching Sunlight
Alan discusses solar system imaging equipment and techniques with an emphasis on solar imaging
- Chris Peterson's Autoguiding Theory and Practice
Chris goes into a deep discussion on autoguiding and how to guide successfully
- Kevin Nelson's Bias, Dark's and Flats, Oh My! The How and Why of Image Calibration
Kevin explains what calibration frames are, how they are used and their importance.
The 2010 MWAIC videos are available on three disks. Each disk contains the videos in 1280x720 QuickTime format (requires a Windows PC or Mac to view the videos). You may choose individual disks with the sessions you'd like to see or the entire 3 disk set covering all the sessions.
- Dave Jurasevich - Keynote
- Craig Stark - Nebulosity
- Neil Fleming - CCDStack v2
- Mike Unsold - ImagesPlus
- Adam Block - Photoshop Tips
- Kevin Nelson - Measuring Noise
- Bob Piatek - 10 Ways to Guide
- Paul Gruener - Digital Color Management
- Sander Pool - PixInsight
- Alan Friedman - Planetary Imaging
- Darryl Robertson - Equinox
- Ken Crawford - 6 Filter Imaging and Going Deep for Science
- Paul Rodman - AstroPlanner
- Richard Wright - TheSkyX and iStuff
Comments from 2010 conference attendees:
- A great conference with an all star lineup. ~ John Buckley
- This has been one of the most useful, educational and entertaining conferences I've ever been. The caliber of the presenters and vendors alike is awesome. I'm looking forward to attending next year! ~ Isaac Cruz
- I thought MWAIC was a great conference. I learned a lot. ~ Ken Hudson
- A fine conference--i learned a lot. ~ Robert Taylor
- I attended AIC last Fall (my first imaging conference) and MWAIC compared favorably in terms of technical content and the quality of the presentations ~ James McSheehy
- This conference offers a perfect balance of technical information and pure inspiration. Whether you are a beginner or advanced, it is not hard to find something useful and interesting at the MWAIC. ~ Mark Eburne
- I thought everything was done very well. This conference is really "one stop shopping" on a variety of topics of interest to astrophotographers. ~ Ron Gafron
- Very well planned program, with interesting speakers, relevant presentations and a great venue. ~ Wendel Sherry
- The conference was spectacular! This was my 4th year attending the conference and the lineup of speakers and topics was just as good as the first year. Plenty to learn, great accommodations, excellent company and time to socialize with fellow astro-imagers of varied skill levels - what's not to like?! ~ Anthony Kroes